Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Birthday bash........................

Come join us........................


As promised pictures of Robert's birthday, but you'll never guess what we had besides a water slide and junk food............................

A surprise guest Abuelita and Abuelito came to celebrate with Robert (let me tell you the funny story about that).............................
We had it all prepared, gifts were bought, food/snacks prepared and inflatable slide was being delivered all I had left was to go get the "cake" and maybe pick up some balloons................so I head to the local grocery where I ordered the cake (yep ordered I do not bake very well) and it's right next to a Dollar Tree store and I thought I would pick up some balloons..........................I park next to a car with the door open and a "lady" smoking......................when I turn off the car and look more closely at the "lady" in the car I parked next to ...................can you guess who it was....................................Abuelita! My mom sitting right there in the parking lot of the grocery store I was about to go into.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! They had planned this to be a huge surprise and the ones surprised were them.......................... needless to say I went back home and pretended I hadn't seen them and all of a sudden they know on the door and I tell Robert to go open that it's probably one of his guests and SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were hidden behind bunches of balloons.

Of course the boys especially Robert were delighted to see them.
Since the slide was set up the boys started to enjoy it even before the guests arrived......

Shortly the guest began to arrive (we had some coming early and some coming mid party) so it was non-stop kids, water and fun.

Enough said I have pictures to prove it................
Everyone (well except abuelito and abuelita) had a great time. The boys thought it was hilarious the Rob was sliding down too! (I slide down as well but I can't seem to find the picture to prove it)

They all behaved and for the most part followed all our rules. It was up and down NON STOP!

Here's a cute picture of all the boys (yeah NO GIRLS ALLOWED..................except ME!

They did take a break to eat some pizza, drink some soda and chomp on some chips, but got up right after and continued the fun..........................


Just so you can see the size of this monster alone and with the boys for scale......................
The only other time they stopped was to eat cake and open Robert's presents (I took several pictures but they are very good, they were all huddles around Robert so all you see is the boys hovering over the presents)
This was the best I could do..................see all of them just trying to sneak a peek at what Robert got or checking to see if he opened theirs....................
After that the played around a little more and it was time to wrap up start taking down the slide
Everyone had a blast and after the day was done we went out for dinner and the boys stayed the night at the hotel with abuelito & abuelita.

The next day the boys wanted to go to Target (to spend the money they had received Robert for his birthday and Patrick as a treat from abuelita & abuelito). When we got back we put them to work


Nothing like seeing the boys enjoying their grandparents...................
We had a awesome time
Thank you for coming................................

No comments: