Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Almost there!

Ok I was so close to keeping my promise of posting every 2 weeks (but life sometimes gets in the way, so I am a tad late)..........I know y'all have been anxiously waiting to know what's going on in the Sutton household (yeah, right...) Well last time we were together we had just opened up our pool and we were diligently packing and trashing all our extra stuff & believe me it took all week but............ WE ARE DONE!!!!

Let me begin by saying that on a Friday about 2 weeks ago the delivered the POD, the boys and I were on our way out and of course we just had to stop and watch the delivery of the POD (see for yourself below)



We got the biggest Pod they have and since we had a garage full of stuff Rob began packing the very same day, when the boys and I got home in the afternoon the garage was almost empty and the Pod only about 1/3 full...........



Quite a day to be packing since our temperatures went all the way up to 103......


Just to show you I am not lying these pictures were all taken while I drove from Patrick's school to Robert's school (total 15 minutes)


The next day we had a birthday party to go to (our neighbors little girl turned 5) and she had her birthday at a park called "The All children's playground", it was early in the morning but the temperatures were already in the high 90's and it just kept going up (not that the kids cared, they just ran around and would ask to get sprayed or splashed with cold water ), the cake, presents and fun was over by noon and the temperatures were up in the 100's ,we had a blast as you can see below.........






We left around that time because had a few things to do (like visit the model house again and stop by Home Depot again, but we knew we would be back by 3:00 so we invited our neighbors for a swim and a Hot Dog dinner (can we say easy and super fun)I can and we have pictures to prove it........



Dinner anyone?




We spent the rest of that weekend cleaning our garage (those of you that have seen it, know that alone was a tremendous task (we filled more of the pod and also 3 city trashcans, YIKES!!!) The POD was scheduled to be picked up a week after the drop off so we spent the rest of the week................can you guess? PACKING PACKING PACKING (both boxes and the POD (I know not very interesting but it's what is going on in the Sutton household.



By the time the pickup date rolled around we were walking around the house trying to find more stuff to pack (to fill the POD) We even packed our "OLD" sofa (some of you might know we just purchased a new one and we decided we would be needing an extra (we need lots of seating/lounging areas to fill in the new house), but that said , packing the "OLD" sofa meant we spent the entire week after they picked up the POD without a sofa in our family room and this means we were sitting on the floor (OK for kids, not so much for us).


See no sofa.............toys all over (but this will be picked up too!)

That's all I have for now I will leave you with a few pictures of my progress (some of you might recognize the areas (and will be able to tell the difference) and some of you may not but that's all I have and I think I am posting them so I can



1-remember how much stuff we have/had (I am a self confessed PACKRAT)

2-to vow never, ever, ever do this again (need to keep it simple!)

3-keep you involved in our move..........and speaking of that Rob just created a Blog page dedicated exclusively to Our Move and the building of the new house (I will put a link on both this page and the new blogs page and posts will be done mostly on the "NEW" page but might bleed over here as well. Check in soon for updates..............

Next few posts will be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: