Friday, July 25, 2008

More than a month............(or so)

Yikes I am so sorry for letting more than a whole month go by without an update on our little family blog. As you can imagine a lot has happened in that time, I will try to make a highlight of events and happenings and hopefully get caught up...........

So here it goes , all this is during he last weeks of June
The last time you were here Robert was almost finished with the school year, well be the time I post this and you read it (he Will be starting 2nd grade in his new school "Green Hope Elementary" (more on that later).
We said our goodbyes to our favorite teachers and gave out a few little gifts and we started to enjoy our summer at Camp Raven



Here are a few pictures from our last days at Riverbend Elementary........



Now for July (I will update here right up to this week and then our weekend activities will be a separate post), I think I will be caught up with these 2 posts

Our 4th of July was spent here at the house (long weekend with nothing to do, no packing, sorting, cleaning etc).............we spent it enjoying our clean, decluttered house.............we watched movies, played games, did some swimming and of course once it got dark................we had our very own Fireworks show (Rob even put together a firework shooter? (Man he really loves his fireworks) , it rained a bit so our show was cut a little short but the boys had a great day and were tired and happy by the time bedtime rolled around



Like I said it was a LOOOONG weekend so the boys found all sorts of things to do like
Dress up in every super hero costume they own



Make gigantic bubbles outside (this was my favorite, the weather was just a little humid from the rain the night before and it made the perfect air for bubbles)



We also brought out the long forgotten (by them and me ) train set and built lots of Lego "stuff" and we played ball outside too!



......and of course we had to do at least 1 crafty project , I was inspired by a post in The Crafty Crow-painted rocks. We took a few of the rocks from the little rivebed we have in the backyard, cleaned them and painted them Red, white and blue that way we get a cute decoration for next year and a little piece of our "OLD" house for when we move.



OK I am almost caught up...............last weekend we had a "Pool Party" , Rob invited some people from work, we supplied the hamburgers and hot dogs and the refreshments and they provided the side dishes and desert (ad we can't forget a HUGE INFLATABLE SLIDE) , needless to say all the kid had a blast running from the pool to the slide and back (ALL DAY) and by the end of the day everyone was exhausted, it was a day well spent and we all had a great time.......



I apologize for all the slide shows but I take so may pictures it's the only way to avoid a SUPER SUPER long post (as if this one wasn't long enough..........)
Ok I think that's all , like I said I would update here up to this weekend,because it deserves a post of it's own

I promise soon, soon ..............

Edited to add................of course during this time we have been visiting our house site and there ae some changes going on, but I will link you to "Our House" blog as soon as I update that one............I guess I have to figure out how not to get to behind on my updates PRONTO!!!!
Im off to update Our house blog (really I promise)

No comments: