Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's back to school............

Well our summer vacation is over (WHAT? you say.....most kids are still in school WHY is it over?) and for those of you that aren't familiar with the Year Round calendar,our summer vacations are shorter , because the year round calendar means he is in school for 9 weeks and out for 3 weeks)Yes he still get the "normal" holidays off too.

Does this sound terrible to you? We though it would be but now we rather like it (we have been on it since kindergarten, that make 3 years with this one), no I am sooooooooooooooooo bored !!!!!! after the first weeks of "Summer Vacation" , by the time that phase hits we are back at school.

Since we are hoping (and praying ) to move before the end of the year we didn't ant Robert to have to transition twice (moving is already hard enough) so we enrolled him in school near the new house (I actually had to go to the NC School board and appeal for a transfer , he had originally been assigned to a "tradiional" school, beu we really wanted to stay with year round, I got 2 minutes to explain my case and in 1 day I had a call saying we were accepted, YEAH!!!)

Anyway that means I (or Rob) have to drive Robert to school about 25-30 min fom our current house (but that's ok).

We had a meeting with the teacher and a tour of the school a few days before the 1st day of school (very nice school) . We drove him to school th first days and walked him in (now he's a old pro and we just go thru carpool ane and drop off there).
Robert seems to be liking his new school (he's made a few new friends) and we are adjusting to MORE and HARDER homework (I mean for me, not him hahahahaha).

Here is a couple of pictures of Robert on his first day of school (I have to confess I forgot to take this picture on the actual day , so I made Robert "stage" this one the following day , haha)



Strike a pose............


Patrick got a treat on the day we dropped off Robert (he got to have a special donut with red and blue sprinkles) YUMM!!!!!!!!!!



Other than that there is nothing new going on (some stuff with the house but I will try to post that in the other blog and link it here).

No comments: