Tuesday, September 16, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBERT!



Can you believe it..............7 years? When did that happen? It seems like yesterday that we brought you home and you would fit laying across my lap........now you are close to being as tall as me (nobody laugh I know I am short, but he is only 7)
I know I should make this a mushy post about how life changed and how wonderful you are. Well here it goes.... nothing awe inspiring but from the heart...... yes life definitely changed 7 years ago , you have made it better,you are a great big brother (most of the time) and we love you .
Wow!! I never imagined I would be a mother of a 2nd grader that is growing up way to fast, despite all my efforts to keep him a baby.

Well your not a baby anymore and when we told you we would not be able to do a big party this year (since we are in this tiny apartment and have had so many expenses) you gladly told us it was ok and that all you wanted was to go to the mountains (a true Carolina kid), especially Tweetsie and eat your favorite food PIZZA!!!

Your such a BIG BOY and we love you so much. We hope you had a great time in the mountains we sure did HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!
As I mentioned before we went to the mountains for the weekend and had a blast. Here are some random pictures and a slide show too!

First thing in the morning with our "little" presents (he got Gift cards from us, and both grandparents) but we wanted him to have something little to open in the morning:

He loves his legos!!!

At the apartment, before heading out to school
Such a tall boy and such a ham, he'll pose for me all the time...........


and of course to end the day CAKE....


Up in the mountains:




I am attaching a few more pictures in a slideshow (because as you know I went camera crazy and have quite a few) ENJOY!



That's it in a nutshell we spent the entire weekend up in the mountains, had a blast and bought some old fashioned candy before heading home.We all had a FUN birthday weekend.

Oh before I forget I wanted to mention the banner (I usually hang a store bought "Happy Birthday" banner and balloons every year (well this year all my PROPS are packed away (in one of our many pods so I had to improvise, I found a Newspaper Banner Tutorial (or instructions) for a homemade banner using newspaper (I have that and a have some colored paper (that's about all I have though) so it was perfect and it only took a night to finish............

Talk later.

No comments: