Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Well hello y'all,

It's a little early for my second post but we have been having so much fun this week that I had to share............
We have been celebrating Dr Seuss all week both at home and at school.
Just a little history for you, Dr. Seuss's birthday is March 2 , go ahead and take a look around this website for a little more information Seussville and it is also kick off for Read across America Read Across America. What all this means is that at both Robert's School and Patrick's school they have been reading Green Eggs and Ham, The Cat in the hat, Horton hears a who etc and of course also doing activities related to reading , especially reading the books of Dr Seuss.


To make a long story short I have been going to both schools to read, but we had a super special day after taking Green Eggs to Robert's school for breakfast, I had been asked by Robert's teacher to "dress up", yeah you read correctly "dress up" as........can you guess?

Yep The Cat in the Hat ..........we read The cat in the hat comes back at Robert's school (the kids loved that and I got to read to another classroom as well) and then Robert's teacher was kind enough to let me borrow the costume and I made a "SURPRISE" visit to Patrick's school and of course read yet another Dr Seuss book.

In all and all it was a ton of fun and I will leave you with a few pictures of what we did , some hats I made the boys, some coloring/activity pages I printed out for them and of course the mandatory Silly boys picture with their new hats!





I leave you with a quote from this wonderful author:
If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.
Dr. Seuss

No comments: