Wednesday, January 21, 2009

And then it SNOWS.......................

So we haven't had snow for quite a while here and when the weather people say "It might snow" we just sit back and (hope) and wait until there are white flurries falling from the sky........................


and guess what?? that's just what we ended up with 6inches or so of the FLUFFY, COLD& BEAUTIFUL white stuff......................and what do we do when it SNOWS?

Well we go out and play, of course.......................but being that we don't get this often enough we are really not prepared.
The boys schools closed and my office as well (Rob went in for a while, but we didn't wait to go outside)

We didn't want to miss out on the fun, so we get all our "winter" stuff layering as much as possible (thanks abuelito and abuelita, those jackets came in handy)

Here you can see what the boys look like....





Underneath all that they are wearing long sleeves, scarf and under the gloves we had to wear plastic gloves (because the one we own are not waterproof, so I improvised)



Look mommy SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got out and ran around in the snow, threw some snowballs, got covered in snow all before lunchtime.........







By then we were very cold and decided we should go inside, dry our stuff off, eat lunch and wait until daddy got home so we could do it all over again

Like I said we are never "really" prepared for SNOW and all that this entails. We got inside and lay everything out to dry (See.....)



We changed into dry and warm clothes, ate lunch and then just relaxed waiting until daddy got home), for me it meant grabbing a book and lounging by the fire and for the boys it meant a little time on the computer.

I love Agatha Christie.................got this one at a used book store for 50 cents (and did a happy dance when I saw it)


Then all the peace and quiet went away (can you guess why? DADDY'S HOME!!!!), time to suit up again and head out the door.

Here's my SNOWMAN

Yeah he's goofy like that (and I love him for it)....................

Like I mentioned earlier in my post we are never really prepared for snow but we make do and improvise, Rob and the boys wanted to sled (down the little hills across the street, in the empty lots) and well we don't own a sled (does that stop us?)

NO (don't believe me?)see for yourself....................


Up the hill we go..............

Daddy had to test it out!

There goes Robert....................

and Patrick too...........
and do you believe I went down too? No....................hey I am a mommy of boys I have to.............



That's about all .......................I leave you with my snow angel.



The temperature is supposed to rise the rest of the week and although schools and camp closed 2 days we are ready to go back...................Goodbye snow ! It was FUN!

No comments: