First of all I want to wish everyone (that stumbles upon my little corner) a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It's 2009 We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that the New Year is starting off on the right path.
The Sutton household cannot complain we have a had a very busy and productive year. Most of you that read this "little corner of our world" know that we have had several changes go on in our household........
We found and bought the perfect home and started building it....................
We decluttered and put our "OLD" house on the Market
Miracle of miracles we SOLD our house (sooner than expected)
Robert moved to a "NEW" school, closer the the "NEW" house (and is loving it)
We moved into a TINY apartment (while our "NEW" house was being finished)
We CLOSED on our "NEW" house (again sooner than planned)
and we have finally moved in OYYYYYYYYYYYYY That's a lot considering it all happened in about 6 mths or so (from declutter to move in!)
And we definitely cannot complain, but enough of that. I want to share our Christmas celebrations. We had a awesome time both sets of grandparents came to spend the holidays with us (our 1st Xmas in the NEW House!)
We did miss my brother (in law, although I feel he's more than just a "in-law") , my sister (again with the "in-law" thing) and of course my adorable niece and nephew (maybe next Xmas?) We really missed you guys!
The boys had a blast.... the "abuelos" (my parents) took them several nights to the hotel they were staying at (yeah I know we just moved into a bigger house with more rooms (but unfortunately we didn't have enough time or $$) to prepare all the bedrooms (so they opted for a hotel) and that was perfect for Sleepovers (with movies, popcorn and big breakfasts the next day) also perfect for us to do some last minute shopping......................
Of course we did all the usual and seems we spent a lot of time in the kitchen (I was trying to avoid that) but it was perfect (our kitchen flows right into the family room) so we never felt left out.......
Well it has taken me long enough to post this so I am going to stop the rambling and post some pictures (because a picture say more than words..............sometimes) right?
Not all the pictures were taken by me (my dad took quite a few good one of what the "christmas Decor looked like" and I took a lot of random pictures (so not everyone is prepared or looking what I "snap" (just the way I like it.................)
There was much cookie making and lots of flour (everywhere)
Robert with Abuelita (and as you can see there eally is flour everywhere)
Patrick with Grandma (making the very difficult desicion of choosing a cookie cutter)

These two pictures were taken by dad (the one above is the view from our family/tv room and the one below is the dinning room ........all set for Christmas Eve dinner). Yeah we changed it up a bit his year. We usually have dinner on Christmas day (after the presents are opened etc) , but where I was raised (Mexico) we eat our BIG Christmas meal on Christmas Eve) so this year I decided I wanted to incorporate a little of my mexican heritage and traditions)

Here we are getting ready to eat our dinner and as you can see we aren't really dressed up but we are together and that's all that counts in my book......
Here are the fruits of our labor and of course the boys left some for Santa to enjoy as well..............
Ok are you ready?
MERRY CHRISTMAS! When we finally had everyone here the boys came downstairs to see what Santa had brought...........and as always they tore though everything , jumping from one thing to the next.

Like usual utter chaos (but lots of fun................)

Everyone (well almost everyone doned a SANTA hat and of course posed for me! CLICK!

They loved all the gifts the got and spent most of the day playing with all of them, both the "little boys" and the "big boys too!
Yep The boys got a race track..........and all the boys had fun with that one....
Then of course we had to take group pictures (this one we took with the timer on the camera), so I had to run and squeeze myself on the couch it turned out ok...............
Then of course the boys with grandma and grandpa and with abuelito and abuelita.
Then the night was over (all too quickly) and Abuelita and abuelito had to leave (their plane was to leave really early so we had to say good by the night before the left). There were hugs and kisses and tears.
PS I forgot to add (because I don't have a really good picture while I was opening it but I got a wonderful gift (at least to me) a
Cricut (if you don't know what that is click on the link and be amazed !) I can't wait to start playing with it..............THANKS Mom & Dad!!!!!
Well that's it I hope you had a wonderful holiday and a wonderful NEW YEAR (we celebrated in house, I did a few crafts with the boys and Rob and I rented some movies and stayed up until midnight (yeah I know not very exciting, but we have 2 small kids and we have already tried doing the BIG party downtown type of thing and well let's just say IT'S NOT OUR THING>>>>>>>>>>>too many people, drunks and utter chaos NAH! Leave me at home with the people I love ringing in the new year in peace.
Check back soon, ok?
No comments:
Post a Comment